Key Trends For Autumn & Winter 2018
Summer is almost over. The nights are getting darker and there is a definite chill in the air. It is at this time of year that our thoughts turn to the season ahead and our wardrobes. You’d be forgiven for thinking that Anderson Kilts is just tartan and highland wear. However, you are mistaken! We are also fulfilling some of the key trends for Autumn/Winter 18.
Read on to find out how!
- Brown – Beige, taupe and chocolate were all huge at the Louis Vuitton show. This may sound like a pretty boring colour palette but paired with the right tartan and accessories can make a really striking outfit. Many tartans have weathered variations which have a browner colour palette; perfect if you don’t like or want a bright tartan.
- Checks – Speaking of tartan, this was also a huge trend at LFW. Kenzo, Versace and Charles Jeffrey Loverboy all heavily featured tartan, checks and plaid patterns. It was bold, bright and worn head to toe! If this sounds right up your street, then let your imagination run wild and kit yourself in tartan from head to toe!
- Texture – Playing with textures was also a key trend on the runway. Velvet, cord and leather were all mixed together to create a very textured look. This look can be achieved by playing around with different accessories, such as a chunky knitted sock, a fluffy sporran or a satin tie.
- Capes – Beloved by superheroes, the cape is big news this season. Missoni and Isabel Marant went for the cosy blanket look, as opposed to the structured look of Givenchy and Erdem. Our serapes and mini capes will help you nail the trend. Available in a variety of tartans and colourways, you’ll be cosy and stylish!
- Pleats – Knife pleats were huge at Valentino and Balenciaga. Worn with anything from chunky soled shoes to fluffy jumpers, these pleats have attitude! Recreate the look by having a Billie kilt or pleated skirt made in your favourite tartan or tweed.